Other works by Dr. Deppisch
1. President Cleveland’s Secret Operation. The Effect of the Office upon the Care of the President, PHAROS 58; 11-16, 1995.
2. Homeopathic Medicine and Presidential Health, PHAROS 60; 5-10, 1997.
3. Poisoned President? President Jackson and Heavy Metals, JAMA 282; 569-571, 1999
4. Andrew Jackson and American Medical Practice. Old Hickory and His Physicians, Tennessee Historical Quarterly 62; 130-151, Summer 2003.
5. A Look Back at Four Navy Physicians and Their Presidential Patients, Navy Medicine 98(1); 29-32, January-February 2007.
6. The National Hotel Disease, The Grog Ration 4(1); 1-5, January-February, 2009.
1. The Poisoning of Old Hickory: Did His Physicians Do In Andrew Jackson?, Ohio Academy of Medical History. Cleveland OH
2. Poisoned President? Andrew Jackson’s Exposure to Lead and Mercury. The Hermitage. Nashville TN
3. The Twenty Fifth Amendment. University of Arizona, Tucson AZ
4. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson: Health Practices and Physician Attitudes of Two Founding Fathers. Cedars-Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles CA.
5. Women Physicians and the Presidents: Doctors Edson, Travell and Mariano Treat the Nation’s First Patient. Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown OH
6. Surgeon of the Seas: Jonathan Messersmith Foltz Navy Surgeon General’s Lecture Series, Bethesda Naval Hospital, Bethesda MD.
7. The Medical Care of America’s First Ladies. University of Arizona School of Medicine, Tucson AZ.
1. § AUSTRALIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY. MICHAEL ROWLAND. 5/20/08
2. § CNN “FIT TO LEAD” 10/11 & 10/12, 2008
3. § AMEDNEWS.COM “WHITE COATS IN THE WHITE HOUSE” 3/23/09 ONLINE EDITION